Actively involved in the music scene since leaving 2010.
Works as both a live and recording session musician in many different ensembles including big bands, jazz trios, quartets and quintets, pop bands.
Works as a solo piano player in theatre orchestras and studio bands.
BA(Hons) Music in:-
- 20th Century Composition
- Music Technology and Production
- Jazz/Pop Composition and Arrangement
- German Romanticism
- Rhythmic Awareness
- Ensemble Performance
- Contemporary Composition and Arrangement
- Graphic Scores and Notation
- Music History and Progression
- Solo Performance
- Jazz Composition (Portfolio)
Currently pianist in a contemporary jazz trio and a nonet.
Composed one album (Urban Skies released 2016) with two more in progress.
Recorded three original albums so far and performed at numerous festivals, and gigs.
Works extensively as a session musician in live performances, studio recordings, and orchestral pit work.
Delivered masterclasses at several UK universities.
Close to completing an MSc in Digital Media: Audio Production (final dissertation):-
- Post Production
- Studio Production
- Audio Theory
- Spatial Audio and Ambisonics
- Research in Emerging Technologies
- Studio Design
- Dissertation project titled ‘Ambisonics and Music Production’.
Extensive experience in music technology and technical operations both in the studio and for live applications, providing sound and lighting services for many live events including theatre productions, music events.
Experience of relevant production software eg: Logic and ProTools.
PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status from Edge Hill University:-
- Critical reflection upon my own professional development.
- Devising effective methods of assessment to suit all abilities across a range of musical concepts.
- Creating fully planned and differentiated schemes of work using my own resources.
- Extensive research into contextual influences on the development of ensemble musicianship.
- Music education in the national context
- Differentiation and target setting